1. Make a check list.
2. Have plenty of packing supplies.
3. Utilize wardrobe boxes.
4. Strategise wardrobe box use.
5. Color coordinate.
6. Pack an overnight bag containing all your essentials.
7. Wrap your breakables (dishes, glasses, etc.) in clothing to save on bubble wrap.
8. Pack plates vertically, like records. They’ll be less likely to break.
9. In addition to labeling what’s in your boxes, add what room they’ll be going into, as well.
10. Keep sandwich bags handy for holding any small parts of things you have to take apart, like curtain rods or mounted flat-screen TVs.
11. Take a photo of how your electronics are connected so you can remember how and where all the wires go.
12. Change your address at least two weeks prior to moving.